Monthly Archives: June 2011
In this article by David Murdico on prdaily.com, the author provides a list of ideas for using video in public relations. We’ve been doing broadcast PR for many of the top agencies in town for years, so we can help with many of these ideas, and have a few more of our own:
1) Highlight videos: These quickly summarize the media elements produced for a campaign, including print and broadcast media samples as well as the resulting impressions and the media outlets that used the pieces.
2) Public opinion videos: These man-on-the-street styled videos are great for pitches to demonstrate primary research.
At Master Communications Group, our background in journalism makes us a valuable partner for PR firms that need a vendor that understands the media.
Most business owners encounter this decision on a daily basis: Do you do it yourself for free, or do you outsource it for a fee? All of the little tasks involved with running a business take time. But which costs you more, knowing your time has opportunity costs as well? The trick is knowing the limits of the skill sets in your organization and recognizing your power alleys and your blind spots. Build a rolodex of trusted partners and referral resources to cultivate mutually beneficial relationships.
The B2B Technology Marketers on LinkedIn conducted a survey recently to better understand the current state of B2B content marketing and identify key challenges as well as best practices. Here are a few of the findings (direct from their results):
- Content marketing is growing dramatically in popularity with over 71 percent of respondents doing more of it than a year ago (in contrast, only 2 percent are doing less).
- The biggest motivator for content marketing is its ability to drive awareness, leads, and engagement with prospects, to compensate where where traditional tactics are falling short.
- The most popular content formats are case studies, presentations at live events, white papers, online articles and videos.
- The biggest challenge: producing truly engaging content.
- The most popular channels to deliver content are website, live events, email.
- The top performance metric for content marketer is leads.
- Corporate marketing owns content marketing in most organizations and spends an average of 20 percent of budget on content marketing.
Check out the full report here and share it:
Survey results posted and shared by Holger Schulze